Home Business Permit
The permit fee is $5.
511.01 Home Business Permit Guidelines
- Can't occupy more than twenty percent (20%) of the gross floor area of the dwelling unit or two hundred (200) square feet, whichever is larger.
- The initial permit shall be valid for a period of two (2) years after the date of issuance. A renewal permit must be secured for each subsequent two (2) year period thereafter.
- "Home occupation" is an accessory use of a dwelling unit except as provided in Section 508, Temporary Uses, Sales, for a legitimate business, profession, trade, service or vocation, whether or not for profit, carried on within an enclosed dwelling.
- The occupation is clearly incidental and secondary to the use of the dwelling for residential occupancy and there shall be no substantial indication of the non-residential use of the premises, which is visible or apparent as viewed from off the premises.
- No person, other than those residing on the premises, shall own or operate such occupation.
- Not more than one (1) non-resident employee shall be employed at any one time in such occupation.
- There shall be no change in the outside appearance of the building or premises.
- No home occupation shall be conducted in any accessory building or structure
- The exterior access to the space devoted to the home occupation shall not be used exclusively for such use.
- No equipment or process shall be used in such home occupation, which creates noise, vibration, glare, fumes, odors, or electrical interference detectable to the normal senses off the lot, if the occupation is conducted in a single-family residence, or outside of the dwelling unit if conducted in other than a single-family residence. In the case of electrical interference, no equipment and/or process shall be used which creates visual or audible interference in any radio or television receivers off the premises, or causes fluctuations in line voltage off the premises.
- No "commercial vehicles," having dual axles, designed for the transportation of cargo including tractor-trailers shall be used for the delivery of materials to or from the premises in conjunction with the conduct of a home occupation.
- No traffic shall be generated by such Home Occupation in greater volumes than would normally be expected in a residential neighborhood.
- Signs for Home Occupations shall be placed in accordance with Section 541.061, Article V of the Perry Township Zoning Resolution.
- There shall be no outdoor storage of equipment or materials used in the home occupation.