Crime Victim Rights Resources
Crime victims are provided certain rights detailed in the Ohio Constitution Article I, Section 10(a) and the Ohio Revised Code, often called “Marsy’s Law” or the Ohio Crime Victims’ Bill of Rights.
Crime victims have the right to reasonable notice, to be present and heard at all court proceedings, to be informed of the release of the offender, to offer input on negotiated pleas, to a prompt conclusion of their case, and to restitution for economic losses resulting from the criminal offense or delinquent act. Some rights are automatic, some must be requested to be exercised.
On this page you can find copies of the victim rights request form, crime victim assistance resources, and other information if you have been the victim of a crime.
Crime Victim Rights Form
The Ohio Crime Victim Rights Request Form is required to be given to a victim of a criminal offense or delinquent act by the law enforcement agency investigating the offense pursuant to Ohio R.C. 2930.04. The form is available on line for you to electronically complete.
You can print the completed form and bring or mail it to Perry Township Police Headquarters at 7125 Sawmill Rd, or email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the report number in the subject line if you know it.
Crime Victim Rights Form: https://www.perrytwp.org/DocumentCenter/View/3055/PD-51---Ohio-Victim-Rights-Request-Form
Crime Victim Resources
The resources below are available to assist crime victims in dealing with trauma and locating assistance programs available to victims:
Ohio Attorney General Victim Resources:
- Ohio AG - Victim's Right Pamphlet
- Ohio AG - Crime Victim Services Directory
- Ohio AG - Apply for Victims Compensation
- Ohio AG - Victim Information and Notification Everyday
Ohio Secretary of State Address Confidentiality Program:
Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault:
- Ohio AG - Ohio Sexual Assault Kit Tracking System
- Ohio AG - Sexual Assault Forensic Exam (SAFE) Program
- Ohio Domestic Violence Network
- United Way of Central Ohio
- Action Ohio Coalition for Battered Women
- Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children of Franklin County
- Nationwide Children's Hospital - Center for Child & Family Advocacy
- OCJS - Human Trafficking Task Force
- National Human Trafficking Hotline
- US Department of Justice - Human Trafficking Resources
U-Visa & T-Visa Info and Application Processes:
- US Department of State - Visas for Victims of Criminal Activity
- US Department of State - Victims of Human Trafficking